Welcome to ABDM
ABDM is a Pathway to a World of Culture through:
Arts Education Programs and Performances
Art of Black Dance and Music is committed to fostering an understanding between cultures by offering in-school residencies and lecture performances (from kindergarten through college).
Since its inception in 1975, A.B.D.M. has delivered a rich repertoire of African-rooted art forms based on the heritage of African descendants in the Diaspora (known as the Caribbean, the Americas, and Europe).
ABDM's mission is to bridge cultural gaps by teaching the common history of humankind through African-rooted dance, music and folklore, and to entertain audiences of all ages with culturally diverse expressions of our African-American heritage.
What We Do
- ABDM's Cultural Enrichment Programs are a valuable component to Educational Systems through teacher training workshops, classes, and lectures.
- ABDM enables its audiences to experience and expand their cultural awareness while enjoying an engaging presentation.
- Teach the common history of humankind through the diverse Cultural Artistry of the African Diaspora.
- Bring to people of all ages, communities and ethnic backgrounds the richness of African Rooted Dance & music.
- Be a valuable component to Educational Systems through lectures, performances, residencies, and teacher training workshops.
- Use the performing arts and traditions of the African Diaspora to enhance and expand cultural awareness in our communities.
|"Everything in the universe has rhythm. Everything dances."|